This include safety, compliance, exploration, resource estimation, mine planning, environmental planning and approvals, geotechnical, hydrology, civil works, processing, tailings and ash storage, equipment operation and maintenance, people, rehabilitation as driven by the project demand.
Drawing on operational and consulting experience we understand the technical and economic drivers to make a successful mine and utilise this in each project.
Specialist areas include strategic planning and mineral economics to enhance the net present value of our client’s assets. This includes management of feasibility studies, due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, high level strategic business or asset planning and related high value planning areas.
Mortimer Mining can assist in acquisition, sale or promotion of mining properties. We aim to assist our clients to sell, acquire or joint venture mining properties for exploration, development and production.
Recent work includes:
- Due diligence of the Callide Mine, a large 10Mtpa open cut in Central Queensland being divested by Anglo American Metallurgical Coal.
- Design & construction of a dense phase Ash storage facility (CS Energy – Golders)
- Coal geology, blending and combustion study to reduce boiler slagging & fouling (CS Energy – University of Queensland)
- Century zinc mine feasibility study, (RIO – Mining & Resource Technology)
- Peak Downs Mine Expansion, (BHP Coal/BMA)
- Fuel Supply options for Tarong power station ( Norwest)
- Feasibility study for a Nth Dakota Coal Mine, USA (Norwest)